Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekends!

Since Coleson works for the church, our weekends are Friday and Saturday. I actually really like that. Fridays have become our day since most other people are at work and therefore we have less plans and responsibilities. We spend most Fridays, especially Friday mornings, together just being a family and enjoying each other's company. Breakfast has become our special meal - for a while we were going out to Chickfila or Waffle House, but we've started staying in recently. It's better for our budget and Ryan's nap. We have cinnamon rolls or biscuits or smoothies or something else yummy and fun. Anyways though, this past Friday was probably the best Friday yet. Ryan actually slept in!!! He's usually up about 7:30, but on Friday I rolled over and it was 8:08 and still no peeps. After getting up to check he was okay, I got back into bed and enjoyed laying there and then reading for a little while. Ryan didn't get up until about 8:45. I can't tell you how much I miss my lazy mornings. I think this was the first morning I had slept in and woken up completely on my own since Ryan was born! Yes, he's worth every lost minute of sleep I've had, but boy it was sure nice to get that extra sleep on Friday.

1 comment:

thatcaroljones said...

Ryan is just a little cutie! He is a perfect blend of the two of you. And that hair!!!

So what prompted the move?