Thursday night my parents called to ask if Ryan could spend the night Friday night. After thinking about it and trying to decide what we would do, we agreed. And Coleson and I had a date night!
We started the day with a family breakfast at Waffle House. Friday mornings used to be our special time, but we've gotten lazy and frugal. So we braved the 14 degree weather and headed out. It was a really nice breakfast.
After we met Grandpa and dropped off Ryan, we headed to Target. We had a few things we needed, but then we had a nice time browsing the clearance section. Apparently they need to make room for spring dresses and bathing suits already (?!?), so we got some good deals on clothes for Ryan.
We had a nice dinner at Outback (Christmas giftcards, hooray!). And then we headed to the Cumming Playhouse. I've always wanted to go, and we've just never made it. The play was performed by three guys from the North Fulton Drama Club. They were hilarious. It was the Complete Works of William Shakespeare. Now I'll admit I don't know much about Shakespeare, but we went for the experience. I don't know if this is the norm for the playhouse, but there were only 25 of us in the audience. About 1/3 of them were friends of the cast, and another 1/3 was a large group of smart high-schoolers. Now I should preface this by saying that Coleson was hesitant to even go, because he feared a small crowd and interaction. So not only were we there, but he was on the aisle. And yep, that's right, he was picked in the second half to participate!! He was dragged on stage!! And not only that, he played an ego!! During the Hamlet portion, they got super silly and turned it into Hamlet with a Freudian twist. So Coleson was plucked from his seat to play Ophelia's ego. He ran across the stage a few times symbolizing Ophelia's ego run amuck. Priceless. I would have given anything for camera, but I left it in the car, as well as my cellphone. The friends of the cast did take pictures and they will post them on their website. So when they do, I'll snag one, but until then you'll just have to use your imaginations.
Anyways, it was a really fun evening, complete with lots of laughing. It was nice to let down for a little bit and be silly. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for inviting Ryan over and making us go out as a couple!
No comments:
Post a Comment