Thursday, January 13, 2011

winter storm 2011

First of all, I always think it's hilarious that each snow gets its own name.  But that's our sensational media for you.  So here we are in the midst of winter storm 2011.  I also learned a new term from the news that I think fits me perfectly.  They were talking about all the "porch pictures" that everyone was sending in - you know the ones where you open the back door, lean out and take a picture, then open the front door, lean out and take another picture.  Yup, I'm guilty.  I ain't getting out there in that nastiness unless I have to! 
 

So here's one of my porch pictures - Hard to believe the roads and driveways and sidewalks were all covered.


 
Ryan loves the snow, so we try to be good parents by sucking it up and going outside with him occasionally :)


Ryan and Daddy did a great job of shoveling our driveway. Thanks guys!
 

The sweetest little Snow Angel ever!

So here we are on day four of the storm, hoping it will melt away soon!  The sun is finally out today so that should help, although it would be even better if temperatures would rise above freezing!  We've missed a whole week of preschool and speech, and we are about to drive each other crazy.  Coleson has been able to make it to work the last two days, but the kids and I haven't been out yet.  Coleson and Ryan did shovel my side of the driveway last night though, so we're headed out to lunch when Abby wakes up from her nap.  Yay for getting out!  Stay warm everyone!

No comments: