Monday, June 13, 2011

strawberry fields forever

Last Friday the kids & I went to a farm with our friends Alicia, Asher, & Andrew.  We had such a great time!  First we picked strawberries and it was so much fun!  All the kids loved it, even Abby.  I guess I was most impressed with her since I didn't think she'd actually do it (I don't know why, she does everything else, so why not pick strawberries?!).  While she didn't understand to only pick the red ones, she seemed to catch on to the rest.  She was right in there with the boys plucking strawberries and putting them in her bucket.  Of course she would also pull them out and play with them and dump them and all sorts of other crazy Abby things.  And the strawberries were absolutely delicious!  We ate them all by Sunday, soo yummy!

After the strawberry picking, we went on a hey-ride.  I must say, city-slicker that I apparently am, it too was awesome.  We drove out into an open meadow with some cows grazing off in the distance, very quaint & pretty.  And then they feed the cows.  Right there at our wagon.  Cow crazy awesomeness.  A whole herd of cows practically within arm's reach.  The kids loved it!  (alright, so did I!).  We continued on for another stop under a huge oak tree where we heard a couple of stories & sang some songs.  And then a few crafts- coloring & painting, which Ryan did wonderfully.  I think he used more crayon on his pig then he has in his whole life :)  We then got to pet some little animals, most notably the bunnies where the kids could get right in the cages. 

After the hey-ride adventure we picniced under another huge tree.  As they finished up, the kids took off towards the fields where they were flying kites, chasing the rooster, and just looking for trouble :)  It was such a great day, a great farm, and great fun.  I was so impressed with how nice everyone was, how affordable it was, and how the family that owns it lingered around & made us feel welcome the whole time.





1 comment:

SCZ said...

wow! sounds like an awesome time! so much fun and such a descriptive post!