Thursday, August 25, 2011

More!

I forgot to mention Abby's newest trick in my last post: signing "more."  It'd be a real handy trick if she used it correctly and helpfully.  Last night she just about drove her Daddy crazy at the dinner table with her signing.  She'd sign "more" and he'd hand her something and she'd say no and hand it back (or throw it or swing her arms like a madwoman).  This continued for several food items, while I was trying to hide my laughs and Coleson was trying to resist the urge to run out the door screaming.  It was quite funny.  She ate a ton of food, but still continued to sign "more."  Finally we thought to offer her a drink and that did the trick!  So now I am desperately trying to teach her "drink" in addition to "more."  She pulled the same "more" trick at lunch today, but fortunately I was on to her and knew to offer a drink.  Hopefully she'll learn the difference soon! 

No comments: