Tuesday, October 18, 2011

the weekend

Just a quick continuation of the last post since I ran out of time.  I wanted to say thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for having Ryan and Abby over to spend Friday night and most of Saturday with them.  We haven't left Abby much, certainly not for that long, but it was a much needed break for Mommy and Daddy.  We went out to dinner at Provino's [always my first choice :)] on Friday night.  And Saturday morning I slept!!  For the first time in about 18 months, I slept without thinking about the kids, worrying I needed to wake up, feeling guilty that I wasn't waking up, or hopping out of bed for an appointment of some sort.  It might have been interesting to see just how long I could have slept, but Coleson woke me up with breakfast in bed at 9:15 - after 11 hours of sleep!!  Of course I ate leisurely, read my book, and didn't drag myself out of bed until 10 :)  Wonderful!

We accomplished lots around the house on Saturday.  I think we did more in a few hours than we have in the last few years.  We cleaned closets, purged toys, organized old clothes and put them in tubs in the attic, moved the playroom into the dining room, and all sorts of other productive things that we could have never done with the kids around!  So thank you thank you to Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: