Last night we took the kids to pizza for dinner and to tell Ryan about the Baby in mommy's belly! It was so much fun! We went ahead and told him it's a girl [on the off chance it is a boy, I'd rather him be surprised & excited, then disappointed it's a girl]. He asked if it could be a boy, but we said it wasn't up to us and that it looks like God's going to give him another little sister. He took it in stride and moved right on. He then started talking about all the things he's going to teach the baby to do, like walking and rolling over [hopefully not in that order :)].
We also gave them Big Brother/Big Sister gifts; I was in a great mood at Hobby Lobby and couldn't resist buying them something! We gave Ryan some UGA dogtags. I wasn't sure if he'd love or hate them, but he seems to love them, relief! And I finally gave in and bought Abby the UGA cheerleader doll. The last two times we've been to Hobby Lobby she's carried "baby" around the whole time. I just couldn't say no again!
We are so blessed with our two kids and with a third on the way! I'm so excited that it's 'real' now and we can relax and celebrate a little!
No comments:
Post a Comment