Abby says so many words now that I gave up a couple months ago on keeping a list of them. It still amazes me how well she communicates! I can understand what she wants almost all of the time. And she's starting to put words together too. "Mommy shoe" "right there" "two babies" that sort of thing. She can also answer questions pretty well. She knows that Ryan goes to "p-school" and just this past week she's starting saying "work" when I ask where Daddy goes. She tries to sing her ABC's too. She knows the melody, but the letters are rarely in the right order. She gets "ABC" right most of the time and she will usually shout out "W!" when we get there.
Another fun thing is listening to Ryan and Abby talk. I love when Ryan will ask Abby "what does that mean" or "what are you saying" or something along those lines. The last few times we've been driving together, they've been talking a lot about their surroundings. Abby has started calling out "bank" or "p-school" or whatever and Ryan tries to correct her. "That's not a bank, that's the elementary school" [I was impressed he knew that word, I've been calling it the big kid school]. They also love seeing the animals and some sort of unspoken contest has emerged to see who can yell "MOO!!" the loudest to all the many cows we pass.
I love seeing their personalities emerge and I love watching how well they've been interacting recently!
No comments:
Post a Comment